About Deep Down.
Deep Down Information
Presently Deep Down is in development darkness from Capcom, with no word on whether the title is still planned.
Very little info is known to date about the upcoming action rpg Deep Down, but it has been revealed that the game will be set in the year 2094, and futuristic weapons will be obtainable. Some early names for dungeons will be Dungeon of Wrath, Dungeon of Sorrow, Dungeon of Premonition, and Dungeon of Anxiety.
For ongoing coverage of articles and news, check out our Pre-Release Info and Media Gallery sections.
- Developer: Capcom Online Games, SCE Japan Studio
- Publisher: Capcom
- Platform: Playstation 4
- Release: TBA 2014
- Will be a free to play online game
- The focus of the game will be on a multitude of dungeons which are triggered by memories on artifacts. Each dungeon will be named after an emotion, with those emotions altering the dungeon's layout and the nature of how a player can upgrade their gear.
- Game will use the Panta Rhei engine and will make use of next gen structure.
- The game features a late Medieval setting in the dungeons, however there will be portions of the game set in the year 2094.
- Players will have access to a "home" hub, presumably with the ability to decorate as they see fit.
Deep Down Resource Thread on the Fextralife Forums (change to link when thread is created)
via Famitsu Magazine and SCEJ, week of 12/30/13
- In addition to the already known sword and shield, and spear, two handed Greatswords will also be an option.
- In addition to the the emotions that namesake the dungeons affecting the layout, those emotions will also impact how a player can upgrade their gear.
- Dungeons will exist in a shared world, similar to the Souls series. Players who die will leave behind a corpse that can be looted in other players' worlds. It is unknown but perhaps unlikely that the player who dies will actually lose any gear themselves as the developer has stated a desire to make the game inviting to those new to the online experience.
- Here is an excerpt from Sony on the game's story:"The stage of the story is New York in 2094. A member of the Ravens with the ability to read the residual thoughts that dwell on items earns his livings by clarifying the story from archaeological sites of ancient cultures. At one point in an excavation in the Czech Republic some ruins from the late 15th century are found. The presence of a mysterious city and the memories of an ancient civilization can be found in the site. The hero receives the request to investigate the ruins and to read its memories."
- While an official confirmation of a Western release has not been made, Capcom registered a trademark for Deep Down in the US and Europe, perhaps an indication that localization is imminent.