Pre-Release Information in Deep Down are covered on this page. This page will be updated as more information comes available from gameplay reveals, screenshots, and more.
This page contains links to articles and other resources with information leading up to the game's release. Please also check our Media Gallery page where we will add trailers and screenshots as content is released.
Deep Down Resource Thread on the Fextralife Forums (change to link when thread is created)
via Famitsu Magazine and SCEJ, week of 12/30/13
- In addition to the already known sword and shield, and spear, two handed Greatswords will also be an option.
- In addition to the the emotions that namesake the dungeons affecting the layout, those emotions will also impact how a player can upgrade their gear.
- Dungeons will exist in a shared world, similar to the Souls series. Players who die will leave behind a corpse that can be looted in other players' worlds. It is unknown but perhaps unlikely that the player who dies will actually lose any gear themselves as the developer has stated a desire to make the game inviting to those new to the online experience.
- Here is an excerpt from Sony on the game's story: "The stage of the story is New York in 2094. A member of the Ravens with the ability to read the residual thoughts that dwell on items earns his livings by clarifying the story from archaeological sites of ancient cultures. At one point in an excavation in the Czech Republic some ruins from the late 15th century are found. The presence of a mysterious city and the memories of an ancient civilization can be found in the site. The hero receives the request to investigate the ruins and to read its memories."
- While an official confirmation of a Western release has not been made, Capcom registered a trademark for Deep Down in the US and Europe, perhaps an indication that localization is imminent.